Monday, August 1, 2016



    
                                                                                                                                                  August 1, 2016

Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,

     Welcome to second grade! My name is Ms. Baillargeon. Our classroom is on the second floor of Main Street School, Room 207. Second graders start with a full day of school. I'm excited to begin this year with you. I'm sure we’ll have lots of fun learning new things together this year.

I hope you are still enjoying this beautiful summer.  The weather has been just wonderful for all kinds of outdoor activities. I can't wait to hear what you’ve been doing this summer.  Have you read any good books?  You are welcome to bring in a book you’ve enjoyed reading this summer to share with your new classmates and me.  

You may be wondering what you need to bring with you on the first day of school.
    • You may bring in your own pencil box, pencils, crayons, glue sticks and scissors.  I will have these tools available in the classroom for you to use as well.
    • Please pack a healthy snack and drink for our 10:15 snack time.
    • Be sure to pack a lunch if you’re not having a cafeteria lunch.
    • Special end of the day dismissal notes are always helpful.
    • I will supply a homework folder and a weekly notice folder.
Other supplies that we use throughout the year that are truly appreciated are:
    • tissue
    • cleaning wipes
    • pencils and erasers

I‘ll be looking for classroom volunteers once I get to know my new students.  I’ll talk more about this at our curriculum open house in September.  

I'm looking forward to meeting you and having a wonderful year together!

Sincerely,

Ms. Baillargeon

A Little Challenge... Can you write down the names of 5 or 6 birds you see in and around your yard?  



Note: This letter and other classroom information can be found on my classroom blog at:  http://msbaillargeon.blogspot.com/ and https://sites.google.com/a/sau16.org/mss2baillargeon/





No comments:

Post a Comment